Why use Oregano oil
OREGANO oil is good to add to those in a cold-cough. l like situation these times – I use it in a diffuser (as a preventative measure) and make some as well (will put up recipe). And then if I have congestion use it on my gums – ingest it. Used medicinally from the time of Hippocrates. Ingredients: Carvacrol and Thymol (are anti-bacterial), p-Cymene and y-Terpinene.
- It has benefits on the immunity.
- It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.
- Relieves cough, cold when inhaled (great for inhalations).
- Is anti-viral, anti-fungal.
- Used as an expectorant (that which will bring up mucous from the lungs and the bronchi and trachea).
Recipe for homemade oregano oil
Oregano leaves (preferably organic)
2 sanitized glass bottles with lids
- Boil water, switch off after the first boil.
- Put in oregano leaves in bottle.
- Pour oil over leaves.
- Put jar in the hot water and let it sit in there for 15 minutes.
- Then keep this jar in the sun for 2 weeks.
- Shake mixture daily once a day.
- After 2 weeks, strain the oil from the leaves into a sanitized bottle. Store oil in a cool place.
This oil can be taken orally 3-5 drops a day, if you are experiencing a cold or blocked sinus also as a preventative measure
Natural hand sanitizer (use this post after the oregano oil recipe goes up)
10 drops of this oregano oil with 2 tablespoon of coconut oil can be used as a natural hand sanitizer