Diwali Recipe –
Decadent Banana Carob Bread Pudding Serves 6 to 8
- 4 cups or 10 slices of cubed gluten-free bread or cinnamon raisin bread.
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed.
- 10 ounces of chocolate chips.
- 2 cups cashew/almond milk.
- 12 dates, pitted and cut in half.
- 1 tabsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. or 176 degrees C.
- Grease a 9 x 5 – inch loaf pan.
- Place the bread, bananas, and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, blend milk, dates, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over bread mixture and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Pour it into the prepared pan.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel.
- Place the loaf pan on the towel inside the roasting pan, and place the roasting pan on the oven rack.
- Fill the roasting pan with hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the loaf pan (bain-marie method).
- Bake for an hour, or until knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.