Why do you have dark underarms?
According to the lineage I am rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine; dark underarms are a result of stagnation in the liver and its paired organ the gall bladder. Causing excessive sweating, coupled with blocked meridian pathways; therefore, sweat not being able to be properly expelled. A condition called acanthosis nigricans (AN) causing darkening in certain parts of the body could occur.
Clearing this as a permanent solution will mean cleaning up your liver; so, removing all trigger foods: dairy, sugar, white flour, processed/refined foods (includes refined oils); adding wholesome plant-based foods mainly (you want to have meats then balance by having more greens, which the liver loves). Aid some more by adding a greens juice. Include bitter and sour foods.
Home remedies for dark Underarms
- Potato juice used twice daily or rub slices over the dark areas.
- Apple cider vinegar + baking soda make a paste and apply can use ¼ cup ACV to ½ teaspoon Baking soda.
- Coconut oil is antibacterial/antifungal and has Vitamin E a natural lightener.
- Lemons bleaching agent, use by juicing them.
- This one is an old remedy used by my gran mum on her face: besan (gram four) + yogurt +little lemon juice + pinch of turmeric.