Pumpkin puree for Pumpkin Pie, Servings 5 cups
The pumpkin to be used is what we Indians call lal kaddu (North) or bhopla (Maharashtra).
1 and ½ kilo pumpkin.
- Cut pumpkin, scoop out seeds. Cut lengthwise.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the cut side down on a baking tray, bake for 40 minutes.
- Scoop out flesh once it’s done, and puree in a mixer/blender.
- Can have as a dessert and flavour it with a dash of cinnamon.
Filling for a pumpkin pie –
To make a pie, simply add to the puree above some maple syrup 1/4/cup and brown sugar ¼ cup, plus 1/3rd cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2.5 tablespoon arrowroot powder, 1/4th teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4th teaspoon salt (rock/sea salt). Blend it in.