Mutton/Chicken broth recipe (Scroll down for Vegan Bone Broth Recipe).
Ingredients: Servings 4
Pieces of mutton with bone or carcass of chicken (whole)
Garlic cloves smashed
Carrots cut into chunks
Onions cut into chunks
3 tabsp of apple cider vinegar
2 bey leaves (tej patta)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Use boiling method, DON’T PRESSURE COOK; which means you need to slow boil this recipe for a while at least 2-4 hours till done. Seprate broth from meat and bones and strain, drink just broth.
Vegan Bone Broth Recipe
4 tablespoons neutral oil like avocado, cold-pressed
2 cups celery, finely chopped
1 cup beetroot thinly sliced in strips
4 cups mixed of fresh chopped spinach and leafy green
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons tamari or shoyu soy sauce
¼ cup organic light miso paste
1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
12-16 cups of water or vegetable broth
Can also use turmeric and onions, but its optional
- In a large soup pot, sauté celery in oil over medium-low heat. (If you’re adding turmeric, onion and garlic, add them now as well).
- Once celery is tender – about 5 minutes – add bay leaf, beetroot, water or veggie broth and soy sauce. Increase heat to medium flame and cover the pot.
- Bring to a near boil and reduce heat to low, letting broth simmer for about 45 minutes. Add spinach and leafy green, parsley and miso paste, stirring until miso dissolves.
- Strain off vegetables and use broth. Serve with vegetables for a light soup.
- Bone broth is actually simmered for as long as 24 hours or 16 or 8 hours. Once the broth is ready, add miso paste just before serving.